Once I want to make banana bread, it seems I have to wait weeks to actually eat it. After I patiently waited for the bananas to ripen, I made this chocolate marbled banana bread and it was worth all of the waiting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, in a small bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at MED POWER for 30 seconds until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.